The Expert will be required to conduct economic and financial analysis on various thematic areas and sectors of EE&C in Pakistan and play a role of interdepartmental knowledge sharing and assimilation platform. This will enable to produce evidence-based information which is aligned with and based on all key areas of operations. The Expert will be responsible for identifying financial cost and socio-economic benefits of EE&C initiatives that intends to carry out in the key sectors of economy. The Expert will ensure compliance in consultation and close collaboration of concerned stakeholders. The Expert will jointly share the functions and responsibilities entrusted to the department with respect to strategies, operational management and with respect to managing other aspects of the Unit. The position requires a high level of behavioral competency in terms of leadership, motivation and creativity.
The Expert will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Review, update, prepare, and strategize economic analysis.
- Develop policy advocacy materials i.e. white papers, project impact evaluations etc. critical for smooth acceptance and integration of expected EE policy.
- Support in establishing robust energy efficiency standards, Programs and labeling regime in the country to reap the low hanging fruits of energy conservation.
- Identifying barriers to EE promotion and take necessary initiatives to introduce appropriate policy intervention to plug the barriers.
- Work in close collaboration with project team to develop EE&C policy.
- Assist in developing PC-1 for energy efficiency
Bachelor’s degree in Business/Economics or relevant field from a reputable University recognized by HEC.
- This is a Islamabad based position
At least 8-10 years’ experience of which minimum 2 years in energy sector
Send your resumes at Pitco.email@example.com Do not forget to mention Economist in the subject line/on envelop. Only those candidates with relevant experience and skill set will be short listed.