The Research Associate will be required to assist the Senior Policy Expert in conducting policy research and analysis on various thematic areas and sectors of EE&C in Pakistan and play a role of interdepartmental knowledge sharing and assimilation platform. This will enable to produce evidence-based information which is aligned with and based on all key areas of operations. The associate will be responsible for identifying EE barriers through research on regional countries. The associate will jointly share the functions and responsibilities entrusted to the department with respect to strategies, operational management and with respect to managing other aspects of the Unit. The position requires an energetic, motivational and creative individual who has Bachelor’s degree or currently pursuing postgraduate in relevant field.
The Research Associate will be responsible assist the Senior Policy Expert on the following tasks:
- source primary baseline consumption data for the key sectors of economy.
- Review, update, prepare, and strategize follow up on national energy efficiency policy in coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop policy advocacy materials i.e. white papers, project impact evaluations etc. critical for smooth acceptance and integration of expected EE policy.
- Support in establishing robust energy efficiency standards, Programs and labeling regime in the country to reap the low hanging fruits of energy conservation.
- Identifying barriers to EE promotion and take necessary initiatives to introduce appropriate policy intervention to plug the barriers.
- Work in close collaboration with project team to develop the EE&C policy.
- Assist establishing the provincial/regional designated agencies
- Support efforts to setup the Energy Conservation Tribunals by conducting research on the framework in other regional countries under which such tribunals have been established.
- Create linkages and interface with multinational donors for technical assistance programs and to promote energy efficiency
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field from a reputed University recognized by HEC.
- This is a Islamabad based position
At least 3-4 years’ experience of which minimum 2 years in energy sector
Send your resumes at Pitco.email@example.com Do not forget to mention Research Associate in the subject line/on envelop. Only those candidates with relevant experience and skill set will be short listed.