International Renewable Energy (RE) Expert
We are currently looking for International Experts to support our team in conducting distributed energy scoping study, funded by the World Bank, encompassing landscape and options for renewable energy to mobilize public and private sector investment.
The objective of the assignment is to provide insights and recommendations to the World Bank and relevant stakeholders, on the distributed energy landscape in Pakistan and options for direct public investment and for catalyzing private investment in this space. The outcomes of the assignment will contribute to the overall objective of the WB’s Pakistan Sustainable Energy Program i.e. “To support the energy transition in Pakistan so that the sector becomes more financially and environmentally sustainable.”
Duties and Responsibilities
The expert will support project team in analysis of distributed energy solutions including Distributed photovoltaics, Energy efficiency retrofits, Battery energy storage systems, Biogas production and use, Solar-powered irrigation, Community-based mini-grids, and Component-based off-grid solar systems. The scope includes (but not limited to) review of global best practices; evaluation of technical and economic viability of difference solutions; identification of challenge and market barriers; and identification of opportunities for public and private sector investment.
- Literature review for assessment and evaluation of distributed energy solutions, as well as related strategies, through analysis of energy sector needs and priorities.
- Conduct market scoping, with international perspective, for all distributed energy solutions mentioned above.
- Preparation of Terms of Reference and Scope of Work templates for proposed technologies containing relevant internationally recognized technical standards and quality requirements.
- Review specifications, estimates, feasibility studies, tender documents and work schedules;
- Analyze data and collating information
- Analyze distributed energy solutions for above mentioned distributed energy solutions.
- Review of global best practices and lessons learned for replication of distributed energy solutions according to the local requirements.
Required Qualification & Experience:
- Preferably PhD or MS in Renewable Energy, Engineering, or related fields.
- At least have 20 years of professional experience in renewable energy and energy efficiency sector.
- Experience in international cooperation technical assistance
- Demonstrated knowledge of developing cost benefit analysis of renewable energy investments, developing renewable energy schemes and policy tools
- Strong understanding of various business models, policy options and financing schemes for sustainable distributed energy solutions
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
Send your resumes at Pitco.email@example.com Do not forget to mention International Renewable Energy (RE) Expert in the subject line/on envelop. Only those candidates with relevant experience and skill set will be short listed.