Technical Sectoral Expert (Industry)
The Expert required will be primarily responsible to spearhead national effort to promote efficient use of resources and conservation in diversified energy consuming sectors of economy. The Expert will set goals and performance parameters for the technical department in consistence with national energy efficiency strategic plan and ensure compliance with regulatory regimes in accordance with NEECA provisions. NEECA’s goal in the next five years is to achieve 3 MTOE energy saving out of which approximately 1.3 MTOE will be through implementation of Energy efficiency and conservation Program in the Industry, Transport and Building Sector. In parallel, NEECA will initiate programs in Energy and agriculture sector which will build foundation for setting future EE& C targets. The technical expert will provide their expert opinion and assist NEECA to achieve these targets by introducing EE&C initiatives in industrial sector.
The Technical Expert will be responsible for the following relevant tasks:
- Provide strategic direction and tactical vision for the initiatives to be taken by the technical services department of NEECA.
- Plan, design, and execute EE technical programs in Industrial sector including cement, fertilizer, textile, sugar and paper.
- Set measurable goals; develop prioritized work plans for new program/project initiatives in accordance with charter of duties for the Authority.
- Ensure a strict compliance with NEECA core provisions in all industrial sector.
- Capacity building and professional support to other departments wherever necessary
- Develop Sector Specific Energy Efficiency Specific Strategic Plan / Business Plan related to industrial sector.
- Contribute in effective implementation of work plans. Monitor and evaluate the in-house activities as well as the outsourced activities to ensure contractors compliance with appropriate plans and specifications.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of activities/projects.
- Provide technical input in developing Standards and institutionalizing Labeling Regime for Industrial Appliances
- Developing capacity building programs and awareness campaign for industrial sector to promote Pakistan Energy Label appliances.
- Develop content and training program for general electricians, technicians and technical engineering staff in industry focusing on energy efficiency attributes.
- Support implementation of National Scheme for Certified Energy Auditor and Managers
- Create linkages and interface with multinational donors for technical assistance programs and to promote energy efficiency investment in industrial sector.
- Assist in developing PC-1, Concept Notes and Feasibility Studies for the EE&C initiatives in industrial sector
- Any other sector specific relevant task to be assigned by the Technical Unit/MD NEECA.
Draft Sector Wise Energy Efficiency Strategic Plan for Industries and other Respective Sectors, Review international EE Standards and facilitate Labeling Regime for EE Appliances in Pakistan; Review of Energy Conservation Building Codes prepared by Provincial designated agencies/Development Authorities/Other Institutions, if any; Content Development and Capacity Building for Building Energy Auditors and Managers, Support in Development of Energy Efficiency Strategic Plan for Gas Based Appliances (Boiler, Furnaces, Captive Power Units); Provide Input to the Electric Vehicles policy being drafted by the GoP and other Efficiency Programs in transport sector such as Re-launch of NEECA Instrumented Vehicle Tune-Up Centers.
Key Performance Indicators?:
The performance of the Technical Expert(s) will be assessed against the following KPI’s agreed at the time of contract award.
- Development of PC-1s, Concept Notes and Feasibility Studies for the EE&C initiatives of industrial sectors which NEECA intends to carry out.
- Assist in developing the EE&C Action plans for industrial sector.
- Identify EE barriers for industrial sectors
- Assist in preparation and launch of mandatory programs in industrial sector i.e. replacement of motors, retrofitting of boilers, steam and compressed air distribution systems optimization , etc.
- Monthly Progress Reports.
- Minimum qualification is BSc Engineering (electrical, mechatronic, mechanical, chemical) in a relevant discipline from a reputed university recognized by HEC.
- NEECA Secretariat Islamabad.
At least 6-8 years’ experience of which at least three years’ experience in energy efficiency in the relevant field. A postgraduate qualification in the relevant field shall be preferred.
Send your resumes at Pitco.email@example.com Do not forget to mention Technical Sectoral Expert (Industry)?in the subject line/on envelop. Only those candidates with relevant experience and skill set will be short listed.